Skip to main content

Running and Reflecting...NO Posting

While my intentions have been good, my commitment to post my running reflections has waned! Make no mistake, I have been running and I have been reflecting while I run. However, I have not been faithful to post those reflections. My purpose in creating this blog was to capture those thoughts before they disappear as many good thoughts often do!

I will not attempt to catch up the last 5 plus months in one post, but I will try to start being more faithful to post. My thinking is that this blog is for my benefit, but if others start reading this blog and gain anything from it...you are welcome.

My runs over the last 5 months have included some epic locations. I have ran at Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Texas and some other city trails in Texas. Those runs have been quite enjoyable, but I am still partial to my runs in East Tennessee.

Running is my personal "happy place" as it allow me the physical and mental challenge I need to be at my best. When I am unable to run I still reflect and think, but for me it is the combination that helps me to feel the best physically and to be clear of the daily distractions that can cloud my thinking.

Happy running and reflecting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Running provides me the solace and solitude I require for my deepest reflective thoughts. This blog will include post run thoughts as well as other musings. I invite you to join me on my reflective journey as I think about how to facilitate opportunities of knowledge discovery so that adult learners are able to meet their learning needs.

On the Road Again

Ah yes, the song "On the road again...just can't wait to get on the road again..." has been echoing in my head for months. This has been an unusual year of upper respiratory illnesses that have been a nasty barrier to my enjoyment of running. I have craved the road and briefly returned to only be taken out be yet another bout of "creeping crud." My physician explained that the body needs a good 3 months of recovery to fully recover from these illnesses and that during this time the immune system is weakened and thus any exposure to new bacteria or viruses are more welcomed. Well, that explains the last 6 months of wellness to illness to wellness...blah! The last illness period was in October and I allowed more recovery time before running again. The return was complicated further by poor air quality in November due to forest fires in my area . Therefore, my first run in months was this week. I am cautiously returning with short distances and slow paces, b